Some friends had their first baby last week, and I’d promised them a quilt. We didn’t know if it was going to be a boy or girl (it’s a boy!), so I tried to choose fabrics that would work for both sexes. Forgive the dreadful photos, shooting quilts is definitely a skill that I need to work on! It really wasn’t anywhere near as ripply as it looks in the photos.
I did a simple random squares/rectangles for the front, which really showed off the fun fabrics.
Then the back had three wonky log cabin blocks, along the bottom edge.
I had the most fun with them – in fact, I did those before sewing the rest of the quilt. Then the quilt was finished with a simple meandering quilting stitch. I haven’t had a chance to give it to them yet, I hope they like it!