Dear me, what a bad blogger I’ve become. I’m so sorry! Low energy combined with not very much to say, that’s my excuse. I was looking at a list of the top 100 knitting blogs last week, and was amazed at just how many of them no longer blog. I guess after many years of blogging, a lot of us just run out of material/motivation. This is why Twitter is so splendid – you only have to think of one or two sentences. I can do that! Here, I feel like I need to write a full story, accompanied by lovely pictures, and most of the time I haven’t got the spare energy or time or attention to do that.
Anyway, here’s what is on my mind today. Short & snappy!
- I’ve got my niece starting work with us tomorrow. She’s going to be helping me with the photographs, to begin with, and I’m really excited about it. And nervous. I’ve never trained anyone before, I’m not very good at it. We’ll have to learn together. She’s a doll, and eventually I would like to train her to be able to turn her hand to pretty much anything to do with Posh – including the dyeing. She’s the next Posh generation!
- Talking of change, I got a new laptop this week. My last laptop conked out where the power cable goes into it, and was unfixable, so I’ve been nursing it along on two batteries, one in, one on charge. Not ideal. But I was procrastinating, because I hate transferring everything over to a new laptop. It takes so long, and half the programmes I use have to be repurchased, and it’s just a pain-in-the. But I’ve done it now, and will be using the new one for the photographs this week. I chose it specifically for its strong graphics and fast processor, and it’s interesting to see how different the website looks on it. I’m hoping it will help me step up the quality of the yarn photos.
- I have finally finished the old shale border on Quill, with much anguish and wailing, as my Ravelry friends can confirm. Man, it went on f.o.r.e.v.e.r. Now I’m nibbling away at the edging. My aim is to have it finished by the end of August, for the Chester show.
- Can’t decide what to knit next (I’m sticking with the project monogamy, there’s no doubt it makes you more productive) – I have 5 skeins of scarlet Martha Sport, which I want to make into a cardi, and I’m thinking of Blair, but I’m not 100% set on it. Watching the new patterns released on Ravelry with an eagle eye, hoping to find The One. Or I might just start Aidez.
- Summer colds are the worst.
- Oh, I forgot to say, my new laptop has a fingerprint sensor, so that I don’t have to worry about remembering my various passwords. Pretty cool! Makes me feel like I’m in a sci-fi movie.
- Autumn/winter catalogues are starting to drop through my door, and I’m sighing over the latest trends. Not sighing in a good way. So many of the companies that I love (Toast, Wrap, even Boden) are bringing out collections that will only look good on the very slim, boxy tops, baggy fits, oversized shirts, chunky knits. Fashion is fashion, and I know we are stuck in an 80’s/90’s redux, but you would think that the shops that cater more for the maturer woman would translate trends into a flattering, wearable version. The number of shops that I can shop from is dwindling, dwindling. Sadly, these trends are also very much influencing the latest knitting patterns – I’m seeing way too many boxy, oversized, chunky knits out there.
- Pimms is the bomb.
- Also, loving the new series of Cupcake Wars.
- Downton Abbey bores me. There, I said it.
- Can you forgive me?
- I have hit the really hideous stage of hair growing out. Do I cut? Do I grow on?
- Articles like this seriously annoy me. (warning, Daily Mail link)
Free post on everything left in the shop this morning!
Believe it or not, summer has finally arrived in Wales! Sweaters have been replaced by tshirts, hot tea by Pimms, and I can smell bbq smoke on the air right now. We’re making the most of it before it vanishes – probably within the next week! I hope that you’re getting a bit of summer where you are, and enjoying it too.
We’re back to our usual Sunday night update this week, at 6pm. Hope you can join us for the fun!
Free postage on everything left in the shop this morning!