Free post on everything left in the shop this morning!
Thanks for your patience – the full shop preview is now up!
Sorry everyone, no preview until tomorrow. I was aiming to do the photos today, but I have a migraine and need to rest. I’ll try to get it up reasonably early tomorrow, lunch time hopefully.
Good news! July’s Random Club yarn is ready, and will be going out in tomorrow’s post!!
This shipment is for two coordinating skeins. Coordination is open to a wide range of interpretation, so I hope I’ve hit the nail on the head for each of you! For the most part, we’ve gone with a variegated colourway for one skein, and a semi solid or solid in one of the shades from the variegated for the second skein. Some of them (the lace weight) are more subtle than others (the sock weight). I tried to imagine how they might combine in various projects, and to give each of you a pair that could work nicely together, or be used separately, if that’s your plan.
I really hope you like your pair of skeins, and have fun coming up with a project for them!
- It’s a bad day today. I’m teetering on the edge of a black hole. Everyone is tiptoeing around me, in fact the cats have gone to ground in the wardrobe. Hormones, damned hormones. I’m beginning to look forward to menopause.
- There is no chocolate in the house. Yes, these points are related. There is, however, a jar of Nutella. Grab a spoon.
- The endless garter project is driving.me.crazy. Well, it’s not, because I’ve shoved it in a bag and am studiously ignoring it. Hello, cheerful handspun sockies.
- Speaking of which, I want to make boot socks, plain stocking stitch feet and legs, with a slouchy ribbed top to go over the boot, maybe in a different yarn, a DK weight or something. Like these.
- If you’re wondering why I’m planning woolly boot socks in June, you’re obviously unfamiliar with the British summer.
- I finished Listening To Depression. I know I’m pushing this book, but seriously, read it. Now I’m reading The Compassionate Mind. Also very good, but in a different way.
- I’ve been trying out this tart (Montmorency) cherry juice that everyone is talking about. The stuff that helps you sleep. And it really works! At this time of year, I don’t have significant problems with sleep, apart from around my period, but I’m always interested in better sleep quality. This stuff definitely knocks you out. I’m sleeping 9-10 hours every night!
- Ooh, I started quilting again. A friend is just about to have her first baby, and I promised her a quilt ages ago. Have finished piecing it, and I’m hoping to get it quilted and finished by the end of the week. I’d forgotten how much instant gratification there is in sewing.
- I did go vegetarian again. Well, okay, let’s be honest, not vegetarian, but meat-free. I still eat fish. I’m so much happier meat-free.
- I think I should start keeping a journal. What do you think? Do any of you keep one?
- I am on a quest to perfect a boiled egg, as my Twitter followers will know. Mega fail so far. I even invested in an electric egg cooker, and I still can’t get it right. They either come out hard boiled, or still snotty. If I can just produce the perfect boiled egg to start my day, I feel quite sure it will be a Good Day, not a black hole day.
- Big Bang Theory finished. I’m sad. What’s left to watch on TV? Awake, Cupcake Wars, and that’s about it.
- The July Random Club is nearly, nearly ready.
- Please can we ban the word ‘chillax’? Thanks.
- I bought a wireless signal booster for my laptop, because in this cottage with its thick stone walls, you lose signal power if you go upstairs, and what’s the point of a laptop if you can’t surf the web in bed? And I’m happy to report that it works splendidly. So now you know where I’ll be during Sunday’s update.
- Speaking of which, it’s a good one.
- I think that’s everything. For now.