There is a reason why I hardly ever show you my knitting projects on this blog. I’m rubbish at photographing them. I admire the artistically done project shots in other people’s Ravelry pages and blogs, but when it comes to shooting my own, I fail miserably.
However, I have been knitting up a storm here, so despite the poor quality, here is the photographic evidence.
The colour accuracy on these photos is nil. The yarn is actually a warm burgundy, but fiddle as I might, I couldn’t get it even close to real life. Oh well. It is Gomitoli’s Camel 2ply, a heavy lace weight yarn.
I made this shawl up as I went along – a garter body, and a feather & fan edging, with some striping. It’s in Rowan Felted Tweed, and blocked out to a fairly decent shoulder shawl. I think I’m going to give this to a friend, who is having a rough time at the moment.
My handspun knee sock. Man, I really should get sock blockers (eta: I have now!). It looks pretty on though. I’m about to cast on the second sock. I’m not terribly enthusiastic about this project, because the handspun yarn feels quite rough and scratchy, and isn’t nice to knit with. Also, I have lost my project notes for the socks, so I haven’t got a clue how many stitches I cast on, how many increases I made on the leg shaping, etc. I will have to try to ‘read’ the first sock, and get as close as I can.
My cheerful handspun socks, which were about 75% completed. I was knitting both socks at once, and tried them on last night to judge the leg length, and found that the feet were too short, very uncomfortable on my toes. Since they were toe up, I saw no option but frogging. That hurt, I can tell you. It may be some time before I have the heart to cast them on again.