- My new treadmill. Apparently, treadmills minimise the impact on your joints by up to 15%. So I’m hoping that I can start running again, without getting such knee and hip pain (I was running on roads before, which is tough on your joints). I really hope so, because we had such a job getting this bad boy into our tiny cottage and into the spot we wanted it, that I dont think it’s ever leaving.
- Toast. I got some fabulous stuff in the mid season sale.
- Homegrown peas. WOW.
- Winter Kitty artisan perfume. I have one of her perfumes – amazing – but I love the sound of this one. Not to mention the product shot.
- This cover version of Ruby by Kaiser Chiefs. And this one of Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Bill Bryson’s new book, At Home. Fascinating and funny.
- A performance of Pride & Prejudice in the grounds of one of our local castles, complete with picnic and knitting project.
- eBay. At least, not for sellers. I listed a bunch of vintage clothes and expensive shoes a couple of weeks ago, and didn’t even get a quarter of what I was hoping for them. Sigh.
- Football. They think it’s all over – well, it is now!!!
- Anthropologie. They’ve rigged their website so that I can no longer access the US one, it automatically forwards me to the UK one, and I can’t figure a way around it. Annoying, because the UK site has such a limited range.
- Jaffa keeps killing baby birds. But I think we’ve stopped him – we’ve hung FOUR bells around his collar (one just wasn’t working). Now he sounds like Christmas. Lol.
- Sugar. I’m trying to do a 30 day sugar fast, suggested by a book on PMS. Argh, I’ve managed one week, and it’s killing me. But I’ve lost 2lbs already, so maybe it will help me drop the last 15 lbs I really wanted gone.
- Versailles. I’d finally got to the waist shaping bit. But oh, I’d decided that I would knit it in the round. Even though 4ply grows slooooooowly. Anyway, I found to my horror, after 5 inches of knitting, that I had twisted it when I joined it in the round, right back at the cast on. AND I HADN’T NOTICED. There’s no way I’m pulling it back and starting again. For one thing, when I tried to pull it back, I discovered that the yarn twists around the twist, so every round you frog, you have to thread the yarn through a loop. GAH.